ACDC is the peak arts organisation for the Midwest region of Western Australia
ACDC is the Arts and Cultural Development Council of Geraldton Inc – an accessible, inclusive, contemporary arts organisation servicing the Geraldton and broader Midwest community, and dedicated to promoting, facilitating and supporting community engagement in the arts and cultural events.
We support artists and communities across the region to access, develop and engage in diverse creative and innovative arts activities and cultural events.
ACDC is a member driven, not for profit organisation with an innovative and flexible business model that includes community and professional exhibition spaces, arts workshop space and a shop for local artists to sell their wares.
Innovative, creative diversity, community growth and collaboration and acting with humanity, respect and integrity.
To develop collaborations to grow a vibrant, sustainable and creative community asset.
To support a dynamic, inclusive community that nurtures creativity and vibrancy in the Mid West Region.
Formed by a committee of dedicated arts practitioners in 1975, ACDC grew to a major regional organisation and now has a long history as the Peak Arts Body for the Midwest.
We act as a representative body for artists and arts communities across the entire Midwest: an area that extends from Green Head to Kalbarri and more than 800 kilometres inland to Wiluna in the Gibson Desert. It’s area of 468,712 km² covers nearly one fifth of the State, comprising 17 local government authorities.
ACDC has one part time staff member and a Board of experienced business, finance, arts and education professionals, committed to ongoing professional development and good governance.
ACDC is supported through funding from Country Arts WA. ACDC also sources additional funds to help promote innovation and community participation in arts and cultural development.
At ACDC we:
- host exhibitions by professional and emerging local artists and community groups
- access funds to run community arts workshops in Geraldton and beyond
- assist individuals and community groups to access funds to run arts activities and events
- engage with artists-in-residence and facilitating their interaction with the local community
- introduce new and challenging arts events and activities to the Midwest community
- offer engaging professional development opportunities for local artists and the community
- engage with a wide range of groups from across the Midwest including youth, seniors, children, Aboriginal and culturally diverse communities, and offering inclusive and appropriate arts activities
- develop partnerships with local organisations, businesses and government to create new opportunities for local artists and provide a more vibrant, cultural environment.
|Glenda Blyth||Chair||Community Champion and 2017 Secretary / Geraldton Visitor Centre / Fine Artist|
|Jackie Gill||Vice Chair||ACDC Life Member. Extensive experience in Community Arts / Fine Artist|
|Melissa Weir||Treasurer||Local Business Owner / Degree in Financial Planning / Photographer / Digital Marketing|
|Eva Svanberg||Secretary||Lawyer and 2017 Chair / Burlesque / Performing / Fine Arts|
|Lexie Lazenby||Board Member||TAFE Lecturer and Head of Visual Arts (30) years / Contemporary Artist|
|Mark Miragliotta||Board Member||Geraldton Secondary College Visual Arts (20 years) Graphic Designer / Printmaker|
|Elyse Cox||Board Member||Professional Dance Artist / Choreographer of Soft Riot Dance Project|
|Rosemary (Rosey) Hallewas||Board Member||Arts & Social Justice Postgraduate / Social Worker / Sculptor|
|John Gourley||Board Member||Business Planning / Photographer (Co-opted Board Member)|
|Emmaline James||Administrator||Artist, Geraldton Regional Art Management Committee & Gallery Attendant|
The ACDC community gallery and workshop space is recently relocated to the CreativeHub at 189 Marine Terrace, Geraldton.