ACDC is the peak arts organisation for the Midwest region of Western Australia
ACDC is the Arts and Cultural Development Council of Geraldton Inc – an accessible, inclusive, contemporary arts organisation servicing the Geraldton and broader Midwest community, and dedicated to promoting, facilitating and supporting community engagement in the arts and cultural events.
We support artists and communities across the region to access, develop and engage in diverse creative and innovative arts activities and cultural events.
ACDC is a member driven, not for profit organisation with an innovative and flexible business model that includes community and professional exhibition spaces, arts workshop space and a shop for local artists to sell their wares.
Innovative, creative diversity, community growth and collaboration and acting with humanity, respect and integrity.
To develop collaborations to grow a vibrant, sustainable and creative community asset.
To support a dynamic, inclusive community that nurtures creativity and vibrancy in the Mid West Region.
Formed by a committee of dedicated arts practitioners in 1975, ACDC grew to a major regional organisation and now has a long history as the Peak Arts Body for the Midwest.
We act as a representative body for artists and arts communities across the entire Midwest: an area that extends from Green Head to Kalbarri and more than 800 kilometres inland to Wiluna in the Gibson Desert. It’s area of 468,712 km² covers nearly one fifth of the State, comprising 17 local government authorities.
ACDC has one part time staff member and a Board of experienced business, finance, arts and education professionals, committed to ongoing professional development and good governance.
ACDC is supported through funding from Country Arts WA. ACDC also sources additional funds to help promote innovation and community participation in arts and cultural development.
At ACDC we:
- host exhibitions by professional and emerging local artists and community groups
- access funds to run community arts workshops in Geraldton and beyond
- assist individuals and community groups to access funds to run arts activities and events
- engage with artists-in-residence and facilitating their interaction with the local community
- introduce new and challenging arts events and activities to the Midwest community
- offer engaging professional development opportunities for local artists and the community
- engage with a wide range of groups from across the Midwest including youth, seniors, children, Aboriginal and culturally diverse communities, and offering inclusive and appropriate arts activities
- develop partnerships with local organisations, businesses and government to create new opportunities for local artists and provide a more vibrant, cultural environment.
|Eva Svanberg||Chair||Lawyer, Multi-Performance Artist and Director (Music, Dance, Theatre)|
|Peter Howard||Vice Chair||Social Scientist, Consultant, Writer, Educator, Musician|
|Ann Larson||Treasurer||Social Researcher and Consultant|
|Glenda Blyth||Secretary||Local Artist, Natural fibre basket maker (aka the Basket Case Lady)|
|Simone Mahoney||Board Member||City Greater Geraldton Youth Worker, Performance Artist and Director (Circus & Aerial)|
|Samantha Stuart||Board Member||Local Artist|
|Elle Santarelli||Board Member||Local Artist who specializes in Mural / Street Art. Elle has contributed to the vibrant West End urban art precinct.|
|Jaye Allan||Board Member||Local artist, Language teacher and musician|
|Judy Rose||Board Member||Local artist, PA and Geraldton Regional Gallery Attendant|
|Lizzy Robinson||Sub Committee – Special Projects||Local printmaker, arts worker and community arts project co-ordinator|
|Emmaline James||Administrator||Artist, ACDC Administrator & Gallery Attendant|
The ACDC community gallery and workshop space is recently relocated to the CreativeHub at 189 Marine Terrace, Geraldton.